Nutrigenomics is the science of studying the relationship between nutrition, health and the human genome. It is the basis of how our bodies respond to the foods we consume.
More than 75% of all patients have a significant genetic variation/mutation. Genetic variations and mutations are also known as SNP’s (single nucleopeptide polymorphisms). By identifying these SNP’s we are able to provide targeted supplementation, prescription medicine and lifestyle modification that specifically addresses these mutations, individually. Nutrigenomic testing is a very powerful tool in our toolbox for addressing many issues as well as saving patients money by providing specific supplement and prescription recommendations based on their individual test results.
If you are interested in setting up an appointment for nutrigenomic testing, or for pricing , give us a call at 417-771-5277 for details. You do not have to be a patient of our clinic and we can dropship kits directly to your doorstep.
There are over 120 gene variants and each of the genetic panels listed below will identify SNP’s in the following areas:
- Foundation Methylation Wellness. Mood or Sleep Issues, Fatigue, Neurological Symptoms, Immune Challenges, Detoxification Weakness.
- Diet Wellness. Inflammation, mitochondria and methylation will be the three areas of focus for this panel.
- Detoxification. Seven key genes have been chosen within this panel to analyze SNP’s in the area of detoxification.
- Men’s Health. Fatigue/sleep problems, Weight gain, Low sex drive, Male pattern baldness, Abnormal breast enlargement, Testicular atrophy, High blood pressure, Loss of strength, Currently taking testosterone supplementation.
- Women’s Health. Irregular menstrual cycles, Weight gain, History of Cystic Ovaries (PCOS), Hair Loss, Recurring breast tenderness, Fibrocystic breast, Excess facial or body hair,
- Post-menopausal Hormone Replacement (BHRT). Family history of infertility or miscarriage, Family history of Breast/Ovarian or Endometrial Cancer, Family history of diabetes, Family history of Pre-eclampsia.
- Immune/Auto Immune/Inflammatory. Asthma, Chronic Infections, Eczema and Psoriasis, Severe Allergic Rhinitis, Granulomatous Disease, Any Auto Immune Disease, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lupus, Sjogren’s, Chronic Dry Eyes, Hashimoto’s, Chronic Fatigue, Immune Weakness, Inflammatory Bowel Disease.
- Developmental. This panel benefits those with… Autism, Spectrum disorders, Childhood ADD/ ADHD, Cerebral Palsy, Speech Delay, Vaccine Reaction, Family member vaccine reaction, Dyslexia, Dysgraphia, Dyscalculia, Auditory Processing Disorder and Childhood Epilepsy.
- Gastrointestinal. IBS, Chronic Constipation, Chronic Diarrhea, Intermittent Intestinal Pain, Mast Cell Disorder, Chronic Reflux, Recurrent Intestinal Infections, Numerous Food Allergies.
- Neurotransmitter. Determines imbalances that can cause or contribute to Depression, Anxiety, ADHD/ADD, Bipolar disorder, Insomnia, Weight issues, Hormone and adrenal dysfunction, Memory issues, Migraines/Headaches.
- Pharmaco Genomic. Protect yourself from poor drug interactions. Prescribe the correct drug and dosage for your DNA. Know your genetic profile on hundreds of prescription medicines.
- Autophagy. Determines whether or not your internal cellular recycling system is intact. Autophagy maintains cellular health and assists in preventing the growth of malicious cells.
- Neurological Psych. Adult ADD/ADHD, Headaches/Migraines/Cluster, Seizure Disorder, Vertigo/Dizziness, Bi-Polar, Neuropathies/Neuralgias, Schizophrenia/Psychosis, Parkinson’s/Gait Disorders, Alzheimer’s/Dementia/Memory Loss, Anxiety Disorder/Depression.
- Chronic Pain. Arthritis/ joint pain, Headaches and Migraines, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Feeling pins and needles, Fibromyalgia, Back Spasms, Stomach Pain and Unexplained Pain.
- Traumatic Brain Injury. Post Concussion Syndrome, TBI, Non Resolving Post Concussion Symptoms (headaches,visual changes, hyperacusis, etc.), History of multiple concussions, Concussion prevention and Base -line testing.
- 55 SNP Panel. Used for those who have no significant family history of disease, For designing an overall health and wellness plan, fitness regimen or anti aging program, children with healthy family histories, For basic problems with intestinal health and allergies.